It is often thought that older people cannot change. Nothing could be less true. Praktijk voor Psychologie has extensive experience in treating the aging person. The Practice focuses on the independent elderly clients with their requests for help, their carers, social community teams and home care. The elderly care consists of several pillars: treatment, research and expertise.
Individual psychological treatment
This treatment focuses on clients who suffer from mental illness / disorder and need treatment to deal with it. You can think of depression or anxiety, but also how to cope with a chronic illness. Customization is the starting point for treatment. For each person we will search for the most suitable methods and techniques in accordance with the specific needs and desires of the individual client. The first consultation will be used to examine what the problem is exactly and the severity of the symptoms. Then the next step will be to look at e.g:
- How can depression and / or anxiety symptoms be reduced?
- How can you be supported in treatment of bereavement?
- How can you learn to approach complaints and problems more effectively?
- How can you cope differently with major life events or make better use of your own resources to cope with your problem?
Therapeutic conversations with caregivers
Are you a caregiver and do you experience mental problems, due to the overload of care for your sick partner or family / relatives? Or do you miss your partner because life is no longer the same because of his / her illness and does it interfere with your own life?
At the start of the therapy the severity of the symptoms and what exactly is going on will be examined. After that attention is given to explore how you better or can cope differently with your symptoms so that you are experiencing sufficient strength.
Investigation of behaviour
Clients who exhibit behaviour that sets a problem for themselves and / or their environment are eligible for a behavioral study that answers the following questions:
- What is the significance of the behaviour and what kind of causes can explain the behaviour?
- What opportunities are there to eliminate, reduce or make the behaviour more manageable?
Praktijk voor Psychologie offers advice for nurses, other professionals and caregivers who in their professional practice and health care encounter difficulties due to problem behaviour of clients and complications in interactions.
In the therapy there will be looked at:
- What is the background of the client’s behaviour
- How best to deal with the client
- How can the interaction caregiver-client be improved
This meeting is intended for a group of carers and any other professionals who experience difficulties in their dealings with clients in their professional care.
Interaction consultation, will mostly involve a series of meetings with the same team, usually with a regular frequency. The goal of the interaction discussion is to expand the expertise, support and attitude of a team.